Netflix is an awesome way to get your movie fix. Not only that, but it’s also a hub of numerous documentary films that I’ve had the luxury of watching. I’ve made a list of advertising, art & design films that you should be aware of. If you’ve seen it, kudos for you. If not…well, I suggest you better get right on it!
- Helvetica – a feature-length documentary about the typography and its origin. You’d be surprised as how widely used this typeface is without realizing it.
- The Pixar Story – if you’re a Pixar fanatic, this one’s for you. Learn what’s behind the story, and the pioneers that brought us the magic of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall-E, and more!
- Art & Copy – a powerful documentary about advertising and inspiration. If you love advertising, you will love this film. Listen to the ad men and ad women of the industry behind the campaigns such as, “Got Milk?”, “Just Do It.”, “Where’s the beef?”, and “I Want My MTV!”
- Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight – you don’t know his name, but he’s the man behind the popular “I Love NY” ad campaign. This documentary offers audiences a much richer appreciation for one of the great modern renaissance men.
- Objectified – discover how manufactured objects influence the lives we live in. Not only will you know how things are made, but also why these objects make us feel the way they do.
OK, so that’s my list! If you have any more to add, or any recommendations, please LET ME KNOW! I’m serious! What have you seen that are not on my list of Must-Sees?